18.9.13

Review: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Published December 2nd, 2010
Speak
372 pages (Paperback)



Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Étienne St. Clair.  Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all... including a serious girlfriend. 
But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss? (From Goodreads)


OH MY GOD WHAT TOOK ME SO LONG THIS IS PERFECT!!!

How do I even review this?

First off, this book is set at a boarding school in Paris!  Let's discuss that for a moment.  Paris itself is magical, and Stephanie Perkins' writing made me wish I was there so badly.  Add my random childhood desire to go to a boarding school, and we're golden!

The characters are dynamic and fantastic.  Each and every one has a little something that draws you in and makes you love them.  I think a lot of us would love to be in Anna's place too.  St. Clair is snarky and swoon-worthy!  Their romance is engaging and and draws you in.  I could not put this down!

This is such an easy read to.  It feels like you're just going along with Anna and living with her.  It never tries to get too heavy.  It's just an easy contemporary read that would be perfect for the beach or a lazy day in.  I think that this is one that I will be going back to in the future and rereading, possibly multiple times.

Anna and the French Kiss just has that magical quality about it that makes it an amazing read.  All the little pieces add up to an amazing story that I could not put down.  Now I'm forcing it upon everyone.  Go figure.

1 comment:

  1. OMG WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG TO READ THIS!!! Haha! I love this one so much, and you're reminding me of all the reasons why I desperately need a reread. Glad you loved it! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!