1.5.13

"Waiting On" The Bitter Kingdom


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating!

This week I am excited for...
Elisa is a fugitive in her own country. Her enemies have stolen the man she loves in order to lure her to the gate of darkness. As she and her daring companions take one last quest into unknown enemy territory to save Hector, Elisa will face hardships she's never imagined. And she will discover secrets about herself and her world that could change the course of history. She must rise up as champion-a champion to those who have hated her most. Riveting, surprising, and achingly romantic, Rae Carson has spun a bold and powerful conclusion to her extraordinary trilogy. (From Goodreads)
I am still not over the ending of The Crown of Embers (review).  It was one of those endings that I will remember forever and never be okay with.  It's also making the wait for The Bitter Kingdom impossible.  Rae Carson, you are cruel and I adore you for it.

If you haven't read this series yet, you've got time before the August 27th, 2013 release.  But be warned of the torturous ending.  I'm now thinking waiting would have been a smarter move...

Much love, Samantha 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting book :)
    I think a lot of people are waiting on this book :)
    My WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! This totally reminds me that I need to read CROWN OF EMBERS still! I don't know why I keep forgetting about it. I suppose the longer I wait to read it, the less time I'll have between it and the final book, right? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently picked up The Girl of Fire and Thorns, but haven't gotten to it yet. I do sometimes like to wait until whole series are out before starting them just so I don't have to wait that tortuous year...or go back and re-read books because it's been too long and I don't remember all the details. I am excited to read this series, though, I've heard great things.
    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!