2.1.13

Waiting On Shades of Earth


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating!

This week I am excited for...
Amy and Elder have finally left the oppressive walls of the spaceship, Godspeed behind. They're ready to start life afresh--to build a home--on Centauri-Earth, the planet that Amy has traveled 25 trillion miles across the universe to experience.

But this new Earth isn't the paradise Amy had been hoping for. There are giant pterodactyl-like birds, purple flowers with mind-numbing toxins, and mysterious, unexplained ruins that hold more secrets than their stone walls first let on. The biggest secret of all? Godspeed's former passengers aren't alone on this planet. And if they're going to stay, they'll have to fight.

Amy and Elder must race to discover who--or what--else is out there if they are to have any hope of saving their struggling colony and building a future together. They will have to look inward to the very core of what makes them human on this, their most harrowing journey yet. Because if the colony collapses? Then everything they have sacrificed--friends, family, life on Earth--will have been for nothing.

FUELED BY LIES.
RULED BY CHAOS.
ALMOST HOME. (From Goodreads)

I'm so exciting for the conclusion to Beth Revis' trilogy.  I really like the mixture of science fiction and mystery, and can't wait to see what Elder and Amy get themselves into next.  If you haven't read Across The Universe (review) and A Million Suns (review) yet, I recommend checking them out.

Shades of Earth is out January 15th, 2013.

Much love, Samantha

7 comments:

  1. There are so many good books coming out this month that I can't wait to read, and this one is definitely at the top of my list. Only a couple more weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read this too- I only sort-of liked the first two books, but I def want to know what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and me both, Samantha. :) I can't wait to see how she wraps up this trilogy. I've been following since the start and I'm pretty excited about the final installment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only read Across the Universe, but I will definitely be grabbing this one so I can finish reading the series. I really enjoyed the first book.

    My WoW:
    http://booksojourner.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday-10-spies-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't finished A Million Suns yet but i know that I'm going to need this book immediately afterwards!

    NEw follower :)

    Check mine out Here (My WOW)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually this is kind of funny because I reviewed A Million Suns yesterday and am currently reading this book and it's very good. Come visit me as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, I need to catch up on this series!!!! I've only read the very first one (which I loved to no end) and that was when it first released!! Nice pick!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :) Old follower!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!