31.1.13

DNF: Confessions of An Angry Girl by Louise Rozett

Published August 28th, 2012
HarlequinTeen
272 pages (Paperback)
Rose Zarelli, self-proclaimed word geek and angry girl, has some confessions to make

1. I'm livid all the time. Why? My dad died. My mom barely talks. My brother abandoned us. I think I'm allowed to be irate, don't you?

2. I make people furious regularly. Want an example? I kissed Jamie Forta, a badass guy who might be dating a cheerleader. She is now enraged and out for blood. Mine.

3. High school might as well be Mars. My best friend has been replaced by an alien, and I see red all the time. (Mars is red and "seeing red" means being angry—get it?)

Here are some other vocab words that describe my life: Inadequate. Insufferable. Intolerable.

(Don't know what they mean? Look them up yourself.)
(Sorry. That was rude.) (From Goodreads)
Stopped reading at page 165.

I never really got into the story here.  Rose is a fourteen year old high school freshman, dealing with the lose of her dad, and her brother leaving for college.  Of course she is going to be emotional.  I was a basketcase in the 9th grade.

The story never felt realistic or like it was headed anywhere, and that is why I stopped reading.   I kept pushing through what felt like long periods of nothing exciting, hoping for anything to happen.  

I did like the random words and definitions at the start of the chapters.  I thought this was a cute and creative touch to introduce each chapter with.

From what I read, I think this book would be great for an audience closer to the main characters age of 14, who may be able to better relate to Rose.  After all, we all had that older crush at that age (admit it, you know exactly who I'm talking about...).

Much love, Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!