1.8.12

Road Trip Wednesday: Best Of July


It's Road Trip Wednesday, a "Blog Carnival" hosted by the lovely ladies over at YA Highway.  They pose a weekly reading/writing question, and through the comments, you can explore and find out everyone's take on the topic.

This week, the topic is your favourite reads of July.


When I looked at what I read this month, I noticed I didn't have a favourite book.  I had a favourite author.

Jennifer L. Armentrout

In July, I read Half-Blood, Pure, Obsidian, and Shadows.  I have also pre-ordered Onyx, and, in writing this post, have managed to remind myself how badly I want Deity.  In the past 30 days, I have discovered a new favourite author.  Her books simply have an ability to suck you in, tear your heart apart, and never fully let you go, but you love the whole torturous ride.  She also writes exceptionally hot characters.  And can seriously do sexual tension.  It's like she knows exactly what I like in books, and put it into words.

However, I would like give an honourable mention to Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins.  I have a review coming up very soon for this book, which I completely adored.  It isn't all that often that I enjoy an angel/demon story!

What was your favourite read of July?  My TBR can always go for some new titles!

Much love, Samantha

11 comments:

  1. I've never heard of her. Will have to check her out. I love torturous wonderful books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of her books, but I have seen them around and have heard of her too. Might have to check these out now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And it begins a long day of adding books to my TBR list. Great post. I'll be sure to check these out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Jaime, I´ve seen those books around but have yet to pick them up. Your review intrigue me though and I might have to read them soon! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Books that suck you in and tear your heart apart? I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just heard of her recently and how awesome her books are. I've put Half-Blood on hold from the library. Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just heard of her recently and how awesome her books are. I've put Half-Blood on hold from the library. Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As you know, I also dished out some author appreciation for RTW this week! It's great that you've discovered a new favorite author. Finding someone who seems to be writing just for you is such a gift. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been hearing a lot about this author lately. I will have to check her out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds interesting, I'll have to check her out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loveee when I have a favorite author! Thats the best, cause then you know you have sooo many good reads ahead :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!