29.8.12

Road Trip Wednesday: Best of August

It's Road Trip Wednesday, a "Blog Carnival" hosted by the lovely ladies over at YA Highway.  They pose a weekly reading/writing question, and through the comments, you can explore and find out everyone's take on the topic.


Favourite Book Read in August!


This one likely won't be a shocker to anyone.  Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout was freaking amazing.  This woman is a genius.  Just when I thought I couldn't fall further in love with her writing, I did.  And she has another book coming out this month!  I'm just going to channel my inner-Katy and say... Awsomesause with extra sauce.

I have a review of Onyx written that will be posted in the very near future.

In other, non-related news, I am officially moved back to school!  I don't actually have my first class until the 11th, but I was ready to move back.  I live in a house with four other girls, but there are only two of us here for now.  All-in-all, today will be spent unpacking and killing the hoards of spiders that seem to have taken control of the house.  I hate spiders.

Anyone have any tips for killing giant spiders?  Or just want to share their favourite book of August?

Much love, Samantha

11 comments:

  1. My praise of my book of the month was not nearly as effusive as yours is for ONYX, but it was certainly the best of a small bunch I read in August. :)

    The only tip I have for killing giant spiders is to move quickly and decisively. Preferably with a large shoe. Oh, and be sure not to leave their webs hanging around. Mind you, spiders are good for getting rid of other bugs, so you may want to leave a few... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, I've heard of Onyx... Might have to add it to the list! The cover certainly looks intriguing, look forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know about this cover, sheesh. But I believe you that it is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just recently heard of this author but I can't remember in what context (I write YA but I'm involved in a RWA romance writer's chapter so sometimes I get my references crossed). I'm a sucker for good writing no matter the subject. I'll consider this one!

    YA Highway Post Here

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Grad Student, that cover is not doing the book any favors... but I've heard that Armentrout is a fantastic writer. Might have to check her out!

    Good luck with the spider situation... I don't envy that at all! My only advice would be to let everyone else kill them so you don't have to. Noble, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard Jennifer Armentrout is AMAZING. I've been not-so-patiently waiting for my turn at her books from the library.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard about this book, but will check it out. As for spiders, I grew up in the country and spiders eat other bugs...so I would look out for what they are eating and try to kill those first and then worry about the spiders. Now, if you know someone who can get rid of stink bugs, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never read anything by Jennifer Armentrout, but I really need to! As for spiders...I agree with Colin's advice about the large shoe and now leaving their webs around.

    Yay for being back at school! I've been back on campus for almost a week now. I'm so jealous that you don't start classes until the 11th. Today is actually my third day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read anything by Jennifer Armentrout, but judging from the response here, I think I might have to get around to it! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, gosh! Hope you get rid of your spider infestation. FAST.

    Also, I have not read this one. And I think I might need to fix that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been hearing a lot about this book, I'll need to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!