28.6.12

Book Review: Atlantis Awakening by Alyssa Day

Published November 6th, 2007
Berkley
284 pages (Mass Market Paperback)
To rescue the world from an overwhelming evil, Poseidon's warriors have risen from Atlantis. Chief among them is Ven, serving as the King's Vengeance by birthright and by battle challenge. None can conquer him-except perhaps for one human female.  (From GoodReads)
This is the 2nd book in the Warriors of Poseidon series.  I read the first book way back last summer.  I don't know why I never went on to read any more until now.

This was a good book overall.  Although I didn't quite understand the whole gem singer thing.  Does she just wear a million rings?  I don't get it.

I wasn't fond of the ending.  It took forever to build up to it, and kind of dragged on, then all of a sudden, the book is done.  It just seemed to take forever developing, and wrap up really quickly.

Atlantis Awakening had some good one liners though!  Ven and Erin were equally sarcastic and snarky.
"I'm secure enough in my manhood to drink froufrou coffee drinks."
"To use a term you warrior types might understand, I'm the one with the giant sword getting ready to try and fit in my sheath."
Hehe, yeah...

Much love, Samantha 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!